Simple, innovative and secure enrollment
SmartBen Essentials is a web-based system that modernizes benefit administration and employee self-service by delivering a “smart” information platform that empowers HR and employees to be true consumers of benefits.
Easy to use
Designed to aid employees and administrators alike in the enrollment process, Essentials provides clear and relatable examples that work for all learning styles. It also makes HR professionals’ jobs easier by keeping everything they need in one place.
With health care’s growing complexity, it’s easy for the bulk of the workload to fall on HR and benefits teams. Essentials uses comprehensive administrator tools to reduce the burden of manual processes so you can free up those resources to focus on other initiatives.
Every organization is unique. From the look of your homepage, to the documents you need employees to be able to access on your platform, to the reports you need to keep your team moving, Essentials gives you the tools you need to be successful.
A Closer Look at SmartBen Essentials
SmartBen Essentials features a comprehensive HR communications portal where employees can find:
- Enrollment events and reminders
- Plans, policies and current elections
- Bulletins, newsletters, job postings and other announcements
- HR manuals, employee handbooks, SPDs, claims forms and other important documents
- Department directories, HR contacts, carrier contacts and other helpful resources
- Employee surveys
Essentials makes choosing benefits simple for employees during active or passive enrollments. Its enrollment module supports all annual and ongoing enrollment events, including open enrollment, new hire enrollment, and qualified life events. Features include:
- Self-service enrollment
- Overview of current elections
- Summary of plan features and costs
- Red light/green light enrollment prompts
- Animated storyboards and tutorials
SmartBen Essentials doesn’t stop at providing a great employee experience, but a great experience for HR as well with our comprehensive administrator tools.
- HR SmartCharts for one-click access to frequently used reports (pending items, enrollment status, etc.)
- Report Management for easy-to-build, custom, recurring reports (census, plan enrollment, monthly self-billing, etc.)
- Employee Benefit Log to track enrollment history (by employee, dependant, plan, year etc.)
- Employee Notes page to share information easily among multiple HR or Benefits team members
SmartBen Essential’s flexible payroll/carrier integration relieves HR and benefits departments of the burden of manual processes.
- Electronic upload of employee data into SmartBen – no manual key entry!
- Custom data exports to carriers and payroll
- Comprehensive data collection and tracking for employee, spouse, dependents, and beneficiaries.
- Email notifications to keep track of pending events
Enhanced Enrollment Experience Options
SmartBen Avatar & SmartBen Educator
Provide employees with an even more personalized enrollment experience. Additional add on services are available for those employers who feel like their employees will appreciate further educational resources to assist in their decision making.
Employee Engagement Platform
SmartBen Avatar is an employee engagement platform that utilizes artificial intelligence to create a personalized communication and enrollment experience for the employees.
Think your employees may need navigational assistance? Want to highlight important messaging like a new plan offering? Find that your employees have questions during enrollment?
Let Ben handle that for you and enhance your employee’s user experience.
- Utilizes personalized “real-data” interactive avatar (“Ben”) technology
- Available in 30 languages to meet a global and diverse workforce.
- You as the employer gets to determine when and where Ben is there for assistance.
SmartBen Educator is designed to improve employee buying behavior while educating employees about the overall value of their benefit program. Utilizing individualized employee census data and benefit information, employees have the additional educational resources available to them to make more informed benefit selections.
- Work/Life Decision Modeling tools driven by real-time employee-specific data
- Healthcare Cost Calculators – based on claims scenarios, premium contributions, HSA/HRA/FSA contributions and tax savings
- Retirement plan modeling tools, including savings calculators & deferral recommendations
- Online Hidden Paycheck & Total Compensation statements and explanation