The Account Specialist is a technical project management professional supporting the Account Manager. The Account Specialist will be an efficient manager of tasks associated with annual enrollment projects, new hire enrollment services, core & voluntary benefits and benefits administration. The Account Specialist will partner with the Account Executive and Account Manager to achieve expected customer outcomes.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- License: None.
- Job Experience: 3+ years of project management experience. At least 1 year of fast-paced office, or retail, environment required. Call-center experience and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines preferred.
- Other: Excellent organizational, communication and presentation Skills
Essential Job Duties
- Complete assigned tasks in Project Management for annual enrollment projects, new hire enrollment services, core & voluntary benefits and benefits administration, which may include:
- Supports all pre- implementation functions by managing supply orders, support requests, training set-up and counselor licensing and appointment.
- Manages the logistics related to the tools, resources, and IT support needed for client enrollment engagements. Manages the overall receiving and shipping process of annual enrollment equipment and supplies.
- Manages and maintains the support email boxes, trains Benefit Counselors and assists employees with issues that arise throughout the implementation/enrollment.
- As part of the Post Enrollment Fulfillment process, compiles EOI forms and letters for employees and may complete the fulfillment process.
- Assists Account Manager with a thorough review of the Benefits-At-A-Glance to ensure the new plans are communicated effectively to the enrollee for the client.
- Assists with testing Core and Voluntary Software to evaluate the consistency and accuracy of plans and demographic information that have been loaded into the system.
- Assists the Account Manager with the preparation of the Debrief Presentation for post enrollment debrief session with the client.
- Responsible for understanding client benefit plans and eligibility and partnering with appropriate resources for testing of enrollment software.
- Responsible for delivering meeting notes following regularly scheduled conference calls with clients and new projects.
- Responsible for working independently and for delivering high quality work that requires minimal review and supervision from Account Executive or Account Manager.
- Responsible for monitoring quality of services H-M delivers to new hire enrollment and benefits administration clients. Accountable for identifying issues and bringing the problem and solution to the attention of the Account Manager.
- Responsible for creating Monthly/Quarterly operating reports for clients using the H-M new hire enrollment services.
- Lends general day to day operations supervision and support to the Account Manager by tracking project status, conducting conference calls, handling client communications, etc.
- Responsible for initial response to RFP’s in partnership with the Account Executive and Director of Client Strategies. Proficient in use of H-M RFP database as the source for answers to standard questions.
- Responsible for compiling responses to H-M quote requests from carriers. Will ensure carriers have accurately responded on a timely basis and will compile results for review by Account Executive
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have exceptional communication skills, organization skills, project management, be a team player, be regularly engaged in process improvement, self-development, organization and planning.
- Must have a broad based knowledge of benefit administration.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to think critically and develop creative business solutions to meet client/broker’s needs.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities effectively, work well under pressure and have a high tolerance for stress during peak volumes.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed. Keen attention to detail. Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively use discretion and independent judgment to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment. Most work performed indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must have the ability to work overtime and travel to other locations with overnight stays. Must have the ability to meet physical requirements of Training (both for set up and actual 2-day session). This includes heavy lifting (60+lbs), presenting and standing for long periods of time.
This position needs to have the ability to effectively communicate and maintain relationships with those of all levels both internal and external of the company .This position may need to communicate in person, over email, or telephonically with a client or to any employee of Hodges-Mace.
This position may be required to participate on company-wide technology and business process projects as necessary that may or may not be directly related to assigned job tasks. Position must be able to join project teams and positively contribute to the overall success of the project by managing deliverables, meeting deadlines and participating actively with coworkers to achieve project goals.
The Implementation Specialist has a high level of autonomy and must have the ability to use independent judgment and discretion in setting priorities and managing workflow.
Must be a strong decision maker and demonstrate sound judgment, with the ability to solve problems independently and creatively. Exhibits excellent judgment in deciding when to escalate problems to a higher level.
Decisions made by the Implementation Specialist may have a significant impact on H-M’s overall business. This role is crucial to ensuring smooth annual enrollment for clients from start to finish.
Employee will normally work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer for extended periods of time. Also must be able to travel (especially during peak, 4th quarter) up to 15-30% of the time.